Friday, December 12, 2008

On the 1st Day of Christmas....

Thank you, everyone for your ideas!

Tonight is the first night of our 12 Days of Christmas we have planned for our neighbor.

I was going back and forth trying to decide whether or not I had the energy to get gifts together for 12 different nights. Christmas shopping had me worn down and I had all but decided not to do it when I was awakened by my 7 year old first thing this morning and she was so excited to get the 12 Days started.

I had to do it.

My mom did similar gifts for all of her grand kids this year and so she volunteered to help me.

Needless to say we have some pretty cool stuff planned for this single mom and her 3 children.





Tonight we are starting it off with a can of popcorn and some window clings with a little note.


The next 11 days have all sorts of goodies in store like a fuzzy blanket and a bowl of popcorn balls, and markers and ornaments to color, a kids cookbook and cooking utensils, a candle, stuffed snowman, coloring books and crayons, cookies, candies, notebooks and lotions for mom and much, much more. (That was possibly the longest sentence ever! I hope my English teacher doesn't read this!)


I am so excited to do this. It is going to be so much fun. I have already geared Alexis up for being sneaky and knocking and running fast.


It truly is about the giving. The thought of how excited the kids will be when an anonymous gift arrives for them every night is what has encouraged me to do this. I hope they enjoy receiving it as much as I have enjoyed preparing it for them.


And thank you, mom, for your help!!!




No comments: