Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Retirement!!



Today is an exciting day!! My mom retires! She has been at Costco for the last 15 years but has been working for.....I don't want to get in trouble.....we'll just say that she has been working for many years. How's that? I have heard stories of her many jobs. She has spent most of her life farming, working with her sisters at the A & W, making, decorating and delivering wedding and birthday cakes from home. Making Ridley's and Dairy Queen cakes look beautiful, and as I said working the last 15 years decorating cakes for Costco. She is such a hard, hard worker. I have always admired my mom for her work ethic. She had to be close to death to call in sick to work (and a time or two she actually was) and still she felt bad doing it. I am a few years younger than her and she works much harder at her job than I do! Costco doesn't let them play on the Internet and watch movies in their down time, can you believe that?!

I am so excited for her! She and my dad will be able to enjoy retirement together, and in good health. Not many couples actually make it that far. I look forward for them to be able to travel together, for her to be able to have the time doing the things that she loves to do, and mostly to have weekends off to go garage-saleing with me!! I love you, mom! Happy retirement!!

No comments: