Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Proud Mommy Moment

Ok, so I took the kids to DI because they had these cool chair/desk things that I decided that we needed. On the way there Alexis says "I'm gunna make a list of the things we buy and how much we spend." Me: "yeah, OK, whatever."

So we get the chair things and I add some other treasures to the cart as well. When I'm all done, I say alright, let's go and Alexis says "Wait a minute." And she starts to add up everything in the cart. The total? $51. Fifty one dollars! ? At DI!! So she starts to go thru the cart. "We don't need this, and we don't need this, and we already have this..." So, I smile inside because apparently she has listened to some of the things I have tried to teach her and I start to return the unnecessary things to the shelves. We compromised on a couple of things and we headed to the check stand.

The new total? $30. That's right, $30.

I told her I was so proud of her for being such a responsible girl and I was happy she had listened to me. To which she replies "I know, I watched Oprah talk about this!"

Oprah or not, I am still proud.

1 comment:

Shana Jacobs said...

Wow. That is so great that she is learning these lessons at such a young age! Good job Mom (and Oprah)!