Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alexis



Alexis is 7 years old and just started second grade. She is a good student and does well in school.
She had some issues with her teacher last year but her second grade teacher seems to be a better fit with her and I think will make a world of difference this year. Lexy is such a sweet and compassionate girl, but she also has a bit of her mommy's short fuse in her as well. On occasion, I refer to her as my mini-me if that tells you anything. ;0) She is a big help around the house and with her younger brother and sisters. She knows how to push Logan's buttons and the two of them fight....a lot. I remember fighting with my big brother, so I suppose that's all part of growing up....ugh! Alexis likes to read, watch TV and draw in her spare time. She has been playing sports thru the rec district too. She has become quite good at soccer this year and is enjoying it more this year than she did last year. She also plays soft ball and basketball. Basketball is her favorite sport. I secretly hope that she is better at sports than her mom was...boy that's not a big shoe to fill! hahaha Alexis loves "girl time" with her mom, aunt or grandma, pretty much just some alone time away from her little brother or sisters. She likes to go shopping or just go to the mall and have a smoothie and some fries and she loves to have sleep-overs at grandma's or Lisa's house. She is a great kid and a true blessing to our family. She has a great sense of humor and a very contagious laugh, and when you hear it you can't help but join her.



No comments: