Saturday, June 13, 2009

Coupon Secrets Revealed!


I have been having a great time couponing! It took me a little bit of time and research, but I like to think I have pretty much learned the ropes. It takes a lot of work, but in the end it is SO worth it! I have spent many late nights awake clipping and filing and reading blogs about where to find the best deals, and I have found some great ones! My favorite was one of my last transactions at Albertson's. I bought 7 Kraft Easy Mac cups. I spent $.18 and saved $8.33!!! Smith's had their premixed Koolaid containers on sale and with my coupons I ended up paying $.50 each for them! The regular price was $3.99. I also bought some Country Time Lemonade premixed containers for $.25, regular price was also $3.99.


I have had a lot of people asking me for my secrets and advice. Well, I don't really have secrets. Most of my "tricks" I have learned from what I have read from others and trial and error. But I have saved so much and decided to share some of my favorite websites with you so you can too, if you'd like.


I follow a lot of blogs and a very easy way to do this is to create a Google Reader account. It's on the google sight and it's way easy and a great way to browse thru all your favorite blogs without having to go to each one of them individually.


My two favorite blogs are krazycouponlady.blogspot.com and dealseekingmom.com. If you are just starting, go to krazycouponlady's sight and read the 10 days section. Great information on everything you need to know to get started. I also have several others I follow, if you'd like those as well, let me know.


I also like pinchingyourpennies.com if you go to the state forums, they have a list of all the great deals at local stores in your area. There is also a place on here to print off shopping lists of things that are on sale and coupons that may apply for stores like Smiths, Albertson's and Walmart.


I buy multiple newspapers each week, especially if there are good coupons in them. I have also started buying the Idaho Statesman because it has more coupons than the Times News does. If there are good coupons, paired up with a great sale, usually you can get things for free or really close to it and this makes it great for stocking up.


There are also a lot of coupons available to print on the Internet. Some of my favorite sights are:

coupons.com, smartsource.com, redplum.com, afullcup.com (this sight has Target store coupons available which can be paired with a man coupon for added savings!!) and albertsons.com also has store printable coupons. Remember when you print these off, usually you are allowed 2 of each coupon so don't forget to go back and print them again!


Ebay also has tons of coupons available to purchase. If there is a great deal that comes out to free with coupons, you can go buy some on Ebay and stock up. I did this with Kraft salad dressing. It was free with the coupon so I bought 10 coupons on Ebay for $3 and now I have my years supply of dressing for $3 plus tax!


Albertson's has been doing a lot of double coupon deals lately so see if your store is participating because this makes for awesome deals. They double man coupons up to $1 but there is usually a 3 coupon double limit per person per transaction. Please follow the rules, for the sake of those of us that do, so that you don't ruin it for everyone. They have stopped allowing people to do multiple transactions at a time so that everyone in line doesn't suffer behind you, but I still see people trying to weasel their multiple transactions in. Kmart also does doubles and sometimes triple coupons as well, so you just have to watch their ad to see when they are doing it.


If you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to help you out if you need it. Like I said, it takes a bit of work and if you're not ready to commit to the little bit of work to get a great deal, then this isn't for you. But if you're ready to cut your grocery bill in half and stock up on the things you are going to use for free or close to it, then jump in with both feet and get going!!! Best of luck!!

No comments: