Saturday, May 23, 2009

OCD


Ok, so I have a new obsession. Seems there is always something new and exciting for me to obsess over....Anyhoo, this time, it is coupons!! I decided to start clipping coupons out of the newspaper a couple of months ago. But then I was introduced to a little thing I like to call "coupon club." No one talks about coupon club!! It was like this whole other world! These coupon freaks knew how to work a coupon like no other and they didn't want to share their secrets! Boy, was I intrigued!! I did my research, looked into a few blogs and websites, and in no time I was in the same boat as the other coupon freaks! Now when I walk into a store, I always have a stack of coupons in my hand ready to use.


Bryan says every sentence I say starts with "I have a coupon..." He should be excited about all the money I'm saving him, right?! I have done really well. I have learned how to work it and get lots of free or close to free things. I think we have our year supply of cereal and BBQ sauce, and salad dressing! I got the BBQ sauce and the salad dressing for free after coupon, and I didn't pay over $.88 for any of the cereal. It's become a new personal challenge of mine to see if I can beat my previous savings each trip to the grocery store. Today, I am happy to report, that I spent $18 at Albertson's and saved over $68!!! See, how can that not turn into an obsession?! At least this obsession, although it involves shopping, is centered around saving!!

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

I have been completely intrigued with couponing, but just can't seem to commit. Share your secrets, oh wise one...

Connie said...

ok Annemarie, send me your email address and I will pass on some of my wisdom! :)

lexyandlogan@yahoo.com