Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Peek Inside My Sick Brain

Since it's too cold for yard sales, I have found myself wandering into the DI in search of a good bargain to give me that ridiculous euphoric feeling that a good ole bargain gives me.
I have to admit, I am now in love with DI! It's so clean and organized and best of all, you can find some real treasures! I have included some of my favorite examples for your viewing pleasure! (You're welcome!)



Fisher Price Animal Sounds train. Both the original set and the additional set seen below.
Both are clean and in excellent working order.
Suggested Retail Price: $39.99 for the train and $24.99 for the other set
Awesome DI price for both sets: $10.00




Ahhhh....The Strawberry Shortcake House!! I was so excited to see this little reflection of my childhood carelessly abandoned and lonely on the shelf awaiting my adoption!
This house came with accessories and 3 Strawberry Shortcake dolls! I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a price listed, which just goes to show that it is indeed priceless.
Awesome DI price: $8.00!
Connie's childhood nostalgia: priceless!




And finally, Brooklyn's favorite, the talking, singing, moving Disney Princess lamp.
Amazon.com ridiculous price: $45.00
Awesome DI price: $8.00
The look on my little princess's face upon receiving said lamp: priceless!!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is not a sick mind that is dang good shopping. I will be in Jerome in a few weeks we will have to go bargain shopping together. I love a good deal! I think I muchly underappreciated for my ability to find a good deal.

Heather said...

You and my husband are exactly the same...when we go to the store, he refuses to hand the cashier his coupons, so one time I humiliated him and called him CAPTAIN COUPON. Ever since then he's been ok with giving the coupons to the cashier, weird huh?! =)