Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Big Dummy





Being the good friend that I am ;) I was helping my friend look for a new dog while she was here visiting. While looking, I found and fell in love with this basset hound at the animal shelter. I went and visited him and then thought about it for a couple of days. Then I went back. I know, I never should have gone back! But I'm glad I did. We brought Ed home with us. The kids fell in love with him and he loves the kids. He is particularly Alexis' best friend. He loves Alexis!!! He follows her everywhere and sleeps with her. He adores her. Alexis has done very well at taking care of him. She feeds and waters him and takes him for a walk daily.


Although he came with the name, Ed, he has earned the nickname of "Big Dummy". Look at those eyes, come on. How could you not call him that?

Aside from eating some garbage and some accidents in the house, he really has been a great dog. He has a great personality and he is awesome with the kids. I am really glad that the big dummy is part of our family!

Yeah, he doesn't believe that he should have to sleep on the floor. Why would you sleep on the floor when there are perfectly good couches and beds in the house??

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the big dummy! Lance loves basset hounds and has always wanted one, I've stood my ground so far. And.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!