Monday, February 2, 2009

The Newest Member

Alexis was baptised on Saturday. It was such a nice day. Uncle Duane (and aunt Donna) came up from Utah and did her baptism and confirmation. Uncle Charles ( and Lorrinda) came down from Nampa. Charles did the baptism talk. He spoke right to Alexis and did such a good job. Aunt Debbie did the Holy Ghost talk and used lots of visual aids. It was a great talk! And I loved the visuals! We were thankful Grandma Bagley was well enough to make it and she gave the opening prayer, and Grandma Haney gave the closing prayer, and made us all cry! Alexis was so happy that her dad was there too. Aunt Lisa and Montana came and her cousin Jesse, as well as the primary presidency and bishopric. It was so nice and Alexis felt so special. She told me the Sunday before the baptism "I didn't realize getting baptised was such a big deal!" We'll see how long it takes for the newness of being accountable for her actions wears off. I imagine it won't be long before she's back to beating Logan up again. I am so proud of Alexis. If it weren't for her, there would have been many Sundays spent at home rather than church. When I wake up on Sunday and don't feel like going, she is already dressed and says, "It's ok if you don't want to go mom, I can just go by myself." So I get up and go and I am always thankful that I followed her example and went. We all need that extra little motivation to get us there sometimes, and Alexis is mine.
We also had Mady blessed that day. The priesthood is a little scarce in our family and so it isn't easy to get everyone together to do these things, so we decided that since the whole family would already be there as well as the bishopric, it was a great opportunity. Bryan was relieved he wouldn't have to go to sacrament meeting! Uncle Charles blessed Mady and it was such a beautiful blessing! I of course cried like a baby, blessings have that affect on me. Alexis kept looking at me during it and saying "what's wrong, mom? You can tell me.." It's a relief to finally get it done. She missed out on wearing the beautiful blessing dress grandma Bagley made because she didn't intend on the babies being 20lbs by the time they were blessed! It really was a great day. I wish I could post pictures but in the middle of the baptism my camera broke! I am so lost without it. I can't even load the pics I have on there to my computer. So, for now there is just words and no pictures. I guess Lisa won't be reading this! Too many words for her short attention span! =D

4 comments:

Denise said...

What a sweet post, Connie. I, too, cry like a baby during blessings. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I didn't get to make it. I was looking forward to seeing you all. I'm glad it went well. Congrats Alexis!

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you will have to eat your words once again....I did read it ALL and it only took me one time. Maybe there is hope ;)

Connie said...

***me, eating my words*** Sorry, Lis!!!