Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I can cook...if I want to

I am often the butt of jokes in my family because my husband does more cooking than I do, and some would say (him especially) that he is a better cook. I am OK with this. But just to show those people (you know who you are) that I have a tiny bit of creativity in the kitchen.....tiny...I am including my favorite recipe for quesidilla filling that I invented all on my very own. Try it, you'll like it! I made it for Lisa today and I got her approval. I could eat this everyday!

Quesidilllas a la Connie =D
1 can Chicken Breast from Costco, drained (you can use fresh cooked chicken too but this is easier for me)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (I have used pintos too and those are good as well)
1 can green chilies

Place chicken in small frying pan and shred with fork. Add tomatoes, beans and chillies. Cook until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese and place in a tortilla. Grill, toast, microwave...however you choose to make your quesidillas. Enjoy!!!

Try it and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I was soooo sick that day after I left your house....JK
They were delish, I highly recomend them!