Monday, September 6, 2010

A Dozen Years

This August, Bryan and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. Twelve years!! Bryan says it only feels like 20. We have never made a huge deal out of anniversaries, as a matter of fact we have actually forgotten it a couple of times! I wanted to do something special but I didn't really do anything about it (typical me), so my friend stepped in. My friend Suzy told me to get a babysitter and meet her at the bridge at 8pm. That was all we knew.
We arrived just as the sun was setting and there was Suzy and her husband waiting for us and a blanket and picnic basket lying on the grass. She planned a romantic, quiet picnic dinner for just the two of us!!! It was such a nice surprise!!







Our view!

Our dinner! Complete with a fresh picked bouquet of roses from Suzie's daughter.

It was so quiet and peaceful.....and quiet. It was probably our nicest anniversary to date. Thank you, Suzie for making our day so special!!

No comments: