Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Winter....ALREADY?!

This is what we woke up to the morning of October 4th.



I guess I won't be mowing the lawn today!

I thought it was too early for snow last year when it snowed on October 11th! Guess I was wrong. The snowflakes were huge and it snowed almost all day. The power was out for awhile in several areas. The snow was so heavy!! You can see that it bent my hedge almost in half (Which is probably where it should be anyway, it really needs trimmed!) It collapsed the canopy over the deck at my parent's house because it was so heavy. Bent the poles and everything.
The kids had fun with it though. They started to build a snowman...he never quite got finished. They got too cold and wet.
But the best part about snow in October, is that the next day it's almost completely melted. All but the big ball that was to be the bottom of the snowman.
And to Mady and Logan, on day two, this big snowball became a big snow cone!!



No comments: